Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome to the Practical Florida Condominium Association

To the Blogosphere........

Hello, and welcome to the Practical Florida Condominium Association.

My name is Daniel Jonas, and I am an attorney in Florida. I've been an attorney in the north end of Miami Beach for nearly 30 years, and in that time have done a substantial amount of work for (and against) small to medium condominium and cooperative associations, mostly in Miami-Dade County. I've operated a small condominium association management company, been counsel to many small associations, represented hundreds of unit owners, and handled all aspects of association matters; negotiations, mediations, arbitrations, litigation, you name it, I've done it.

And the one thing I have learned is that there is no easy, consistent, reliable source of information for unit owners, board members and officers so that everybody knows the rules of the game.

It is my hope in this blog to inform everybody in the association community about what they need to know; to be a sounding board for interesting discussions; to be a central location to disseminate new statutes and court and arbitration decisions about association matters, and otherwise be a clearinghouse for everyone interested in these issues.

I invite those of you who are so motivated to guest blog; I'm looking for anybody who has expertise in any related areas (insurance, management, trades, etc.) and who is motivated to submit pieces to me, and if they are well written, relevant and interesting, I'll post them.

I look forward to establishing and growing the community, and welcome suggestions.

Daniel Jonas
3/20/09

No comments:

Post a Comment